Looking for a gift to impress your wife, mother, daughter or girlfriend? We have 5 gift ideas that will be a pleasant surprise for any occasion.
1. Our top gift idea for lovers of art and all things refine is the super fun art jamming party. 2 hours of fun painting in a big group under the guidance of an experienced instructor. Unlike regular painting sessions, this experience comes complete with music and a party atmosphere perfect for a Saturday night out.
2. For sporty girls, we recommend you get them the Muay Thai, Brazilian Ju Jitsu or Mix Martial Arts sesson for 1. Pick an introductory course to one of the 3 style and get physical with our instructors. Sessions are available everyday from 9am to 10am.
3. If your recipient is a lover of fine foods, we recommend the three course executive set lunch with wine pairing. Savour dishes such as Truffle Mushroom Puree Soup and “Sous Vide” Sirloin Steak. Every course comes with a glass of wine recommended by the chef.
4. For someone who needs a good pampering, we highly recommend a nourishing home facial for her. Forget about traffic jams and crowds, our therapist will come to you and pamper you with a relaxing facial that improves your skin and relieve you of stress.
5. And finally ladies into fast cars, let them take a Ferrari F1 430 or a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder for a 15 minutes spin. There is 1000 brake horse power between the 2 cars. That is the equivalent of 10 Suzuki Swifts combined!
What do you think of our gift ideas for girls? Do you know anyone who appreciates a unique experience? I would love to hear your thoughts.
On International Womens Day (8 March), we celebrate women achievements and thank them for their contributions. If you are grateful for the women in your life, grandmothers, mothers, wife, daughter girlfriend and all the women who have inspired you, celebrate with us and stand to win cool prizes worth SGD3800, sponsored by Mode.
Click here to get started.
The excitement about receiving gifts is often balanced by the apprehension of getting something you don’t want. What if the gift falls short of expectation?
Stay out of these situations with the Zumvee Wishlist which lets you share what you want with your friends or family in 3 easy steps.
- Create one by saving experiences to your wishlist as your browse.
- Add a note so they know how you feel towards each experience in the wishlist.
- Share it via email, Facebook or Twitter. The wishlist is accessible only to those with the unique URL.
It can get kinda head scratching when it comes to getting gifts for guys. Guys in general like food, gaming, sports and the latest tech stuff, but with very specific tastes in those things, it can get tricky. If you want to give him a pleasant surprise while enjoying quality time, you may want to consider these top 5 ideas:
1) Sports – MMA is all the rage now, pitting different martial art styles against each other plays on every guy’s obsession on competition – think Dragonball playing cards with different power levels that were so popular with guys back in school. http://bit.ly/AogdJH
2) Food – I’m going to say it now just to get it out of the way – Food is the way to a man’s heart. There I said it. Its implied that it has to be good food, so try a four course dinner prepared by an award winning chef. http://bit.ly/zo5ubb
3) Outdoors – Every guy needs to be out and about to stretch and flex once in awhile. We can’t think of a better way than combining sports with the great outdoors. With Wakeboarding he can hone a cool skill and have fun at the same time, check it out here: http://bit.ly/zx1K26
4) Relax – If your guy is overworked, he’d probably need a good relaxing time and massage. Most guys don’t really know how to pamper themselves, so why not do the pampering for them? Enjoy an aromatherapy and massage with him, he’ll appreciate it.http://bit.ly/ygQhcm
5) Music – Everyone loves music in one form or another, and guys can get really passionate about music. Indulge his rockstar tendencies with a guitar or ukulele lesson, popular in indie, rock, folk, pop music! http://bit.ly/yBvhO8
Best Regards and TGIF,
Have you ever found yourself in a situation where a friend’s birthday is just round the corner and you can’t decide what to give? Hampers are cliche and gift cards do not fully convey how much you appreciate the relationship. Below are 3 tips on how to choose the perfect gift.
1. Make the gift memorable.
Give an original gift, something which he or she will not expect to receive. Think about the most memorable gift you ever received as a child. Was it an expensive toy or the time your parents took you on a surprise trip to the zoo? Spending time with your recipient makes for an excellent gift. If you can’t spare the time, the second best option is to give the person a good time.
2. Give a gift that you can personalize.
For most of us, the thoughtfulness of a gift is more important than the cost. Giving someone a wakeboarding experience because you remember she always wanted to try it and personally arranging a private lesson is more meaningful than giving him a cheque for twice the amount.
3. Consider the personality of the recipient.
This may sound obvious but its important to know the recipient. Does your recipient like trying out new stuff or collecting stuff? The perfect gift for an adrenaline junkie may be less than perfect for a more indoors type of person. Try finding out more about the recipient from friends and family, its all part and parcel of being thoughtful and making someone’s day!
What is your experience with gift giving? Did you receive anything worth talking about lately?
Zumvee is conducting its first ever giveaway now! Anyone above 18 can take part. Those who have registered with us on our pre-launch website prior to 21st December 2011 are automatically entered into the giveaway.
How to take part
Simply like our Facebook page here and enter your name and email in our great experience giveaway app hosted by Plus Social. Be sure to invite 3 friends and share the contest on your wall to get additional 2 ballot chances.
4 course dinner with 4 Wines at The Tastings Room
Savour delicacies such as pan seared scallops, duck confit and creme brule in this sumptous dinner. To truly indulge your palettes, each course is accompanied with a matching wine recommended by the chef himself. What a treat!
3 Session Pop Vocal Recording with Intune Music School
In this unique experience, an Intune coach will use 2 sessions to teach you techniques to control your vocal chords and improve it’s sound quality. On the 3rd session, he will record your new voice in a studio for you to keep as a memorabilia.
Zovbing for 4 with Adventour
Originally conceived in New Zealand, Zorbing has achieved much recognition because it is just so much fun. Win this and you and your friends will take turns rolling down a hill and experience what it feels like to be weightless, or to be a hamster. There’s nothing quite like it.
The last day of contest is 11 Feb 11.59pm so don’t wait. Visit us at www.facebook.com/Zumvee now!