When it comes to employee incentives, many companies believe that cash is king. Indeed, many employees we speak to say they prefer cash, reason being that cash is the most flexible gift of all.
However, we beg to differ and here’s why:
1. Firstly, it is used towards more mundane items such as paying bills or buying groceries, which do not create positive associations with your company. Neither are people likely to talk to their colleagues about it, thus eliminating the opportunity to create buzz in the workplace.
2. Secondly, if companies give cash as rewards regularly, staff will soon see it as compensation rather than a treat.
3. Most importantly, it is impossible to personalize cash and to give it as a gift defeats the purpose of giving it in the first place, which is to show appreciation.
Experiences on the other hand have more social value and hence greater potential to create buzz in the office. How does your company show its staff that it appreciates them?
Download our corporate events catalogue here
It’s been 4 months since Zumvee was launched and we have been fortunate to have received much feedback from users and more importantly paying customers. It has always been our intention from the get go to venture into the corporate gifts market in order to grow Zumvee.
With so many companies claiming to offer unique corporate gifts out there, we knew we had our work cut out for us. We also understood the need to get our value proposition clear to differentiate ourselves from the crowd. Here’s how we do it:
1) Dare to be different – 99% of corporate gift companies sell branded items such as thumbdrives, pens and soft toys. We believe that experiences make for better gifts and are better at creating positive association using memories. Here’s some research that agrees.
2) Offer choice – We are constantly adding new experience providers so that those who receive our corporate gift certificates can find an experience that suits them. This is in contrast to traditional corporate gifts where the recipients either use it or leave it aside.
3) The little things matter – If you have a question about your experience or need help with bookings, we always try our best to provide you the support. When you receive service that is remarkable, we benefit from the positive word of mouth.
See our corporate gift options